Have you ever considered downloading a mobile app only to decide it isn’t worth the potential hassle of learning how to use the app? With the Prepaid2Cash app, you can easily exchange prepaid cards and gift cards for cash to avoid the hidden fees and unused balances that often come along with gift cards. So just how easy is it to exchange a gift card with Prepaid2Cash? Here are the simple steps for using Prepaid2Cash so that the entire process is easy to understand.
- Download the app – You can download the Prepaid2Cash app directly to your smartphone from the App Store or Google Play.
- Create an account – Sign-in with Facebook or create an individual account, and verify your phone number. You can also add an optional profile pic!
- Enable Push Notifications – Be sure notifications are enabled so you don’t miss any details about your transaction. We’ll give you a heads-up when your transaction has been approved.
Starting the Transaction
- Select new transaction – The new transaction button is prominently displayed at the bottom of the home screen. You can’t miss it.
- Choose your card type – You can choose to exchange either a prepaid card or a gift card.
- Enter card information
- Prepaid cards – Using your smartphone camera, scan the front of your card and all of the necessary card details will instantly appear within the app. Can’t scan the card? Just manually enter the card details instead.
- Gift cards – Simply enter the gift card details and verify your identity. Once you complete the form, scan the front and back of your state issued ID.
Confirm Transaction Details
- Choose your transaction speed – You can choose between 1 business day or 4 to 5 business day processing times for prepaid cards. If you’re submitting a gift card, it generally takes us 2 to 3 business days to process. Remember that business days are Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Holidays.
- Connect your bank account – New Prepaid2Cash users need to connect their bank accounts during the first transaction – this is just so we know where to send your money. You can connect your account by entering your online banking credentials into the app using Plaid or by manually inputting your account number and routing number.
- Confirm your address – Enter your current address information.
- Submit your transaction – Review your transaction, hit submit, and you’re done.
- Receive your payment – Most transactions are approved within a few minutes. Once the transaction is approved, you’ll receive a quick confirmation email and payment will arrive in your connected bank account in time frame you selected before submitting your transaction.
Now that you have an overview of how easy it is to use Prepaid2Cash, you can easily exchange gift cards any time in the future. Download the app the from the App Store or Google Play to give it a try today!